Saturday, July 22, 2006

Saturday at office!




I hate working on Saturdays. But, this particular saturday seems a lot friendly.I logged in to work at 1.00 PM and had lunch until 2!! Then logged into my PC, checked e-mail and headed back to lounge. I read all kinds of crap in the newspapers. I even read an article in a magazine about the best way to cook some chicken dish. You will surely come to the conclusion that i am really jobless if i let the secret out that am a vegeterian. So, i won't!

After the newspapers was the turn of the coffee machine and the chocolate bites. I suddenly realise that i do enjoy anything that's free of cost. My unusually large appetitie comes to the fore and takes charge. After consuming the fruits of globalization for about thirty minutes i turn back to my desk. I look around and see that people are typing hard into their keyboards. Most of them i believe must be writing to their sweethearts or their distant uncles who might have lost their hats on their way to a winter trek. Or worse, they might be working. But, i do really hope that the rest of my team is working.

Did i tell you that i have a deliverable later in the day?
So much for a job outsourced!

And do try this for fun. Open "google.com". Type in "failure" and click on "I am feeling lucky". No, the results didn't surprise me.

6 comments:

Priyankari said...

true.working on saturdays is so irritating. its only being physically present in the office. Thanx to internet,its really a boon in such boredom.

Anshu Anand said...

I have not gone to my lab on a 'sat/sun' till now.

I have heard people saying that they are going there on sat.But, I myself haven't tried it. Mostly because of the long friday night...which usually ends with sat morning.

Priyanshu said...

and my dear friend u call it "WORK", May ur every day be full of such kinda work - newsp, coffee, chocolates, gossips...

Suresh said...

the title suggests "Saturday at office" not at "work" ;)

Anonymous said...

hmm ...i love da u blog...can i ask u 4 a blind date ???

Anonymous said...

hey Jason !! i luv da way u blog ... u seem 2 b a vry intrstin guy ...hmmm....can we meet sometime if ur ok :)