Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Why the f*** is it 42?

Walking down the memory lane....


'The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything' by Douglas Adams.

Excerpts:

First-

"...I am at a rough estimate, thirty billion times more intelligent than you. Let me give you an example. Think of a number, any number." [said Marvin]
"Er, five" said the mattress.
"Wrong," said Marvin. "You see?"


Next-

"Forty-two!" yelled Loonquawl. "Is that all you've got to show for seven and a half million years' work?"
"I checked it very thoroughly," said the computer, "and that quite definitely is the answer. I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is."


Last-

"Six by nine. Forty-two."
"That's it. That's all there is."


p.s: For novices, the number was calculated to base 13!

4 comments:

Anshu Anand said...

I am LOST !

Anonymous said...

r u ok?

Suresh said...

:)

Anonymous said...

no new posts??