Monday, July 14, 2008

AMZ*Prime Club 866-557-2820 US

I just got charged $79 on my debit card and I can't recollect if I asked for anything!

No, It is not Internet Fraud, but, most people may chose to call it so.

I signed up for the free trial to Amazon Prime and after the trial period has lapsed, Amazon automatically enrolled me to an annual paid membership. When I checked back at the free trial and the fine prints that follow, they did say they would charge!

Don't worry if it happened to you too. You ofcourse don't want to pay Amazon for something you never wanted!

Just do this:

Go to

https://www.amazon.com/gp/subs/primeclub/account/homepage.html

and click cancel account. DONE! You will be refunded in a couple of days.


------------------------------------
p.s: This post is only to educate the fellow victims. Others, please do not judge me to be a miser. I am anything but that!

And, do remember to read everything which is in print when you buy something on internet!

12 comments:

Anshu Anand said...

hahaah...I like the Prime membership ...it's amazing ! Same thing happened to me last year . I voluntarily continued this year. If you believe in internet shopping it's really good.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the posting. I just found a $79 charge from Amazon Prime (Nov 2008) and I haven't used them for about 10 months. I canceled it via Amazons account page and we'll see if they send me my money back. Otherwise I will have to dispute the charge as I never wanted it. I never got an email telling me they were going to do it either. Just a new set of emails about how great Amazon prime is. Now I know why they started sending them. I would have appreciated an email asking me to opt in/out or to accept/reject rather than an automatic charge. I'll go elsewhere now as everyone gives free shipping.

angelkumme said...

Thank you for your posting. I can get my money back finally...

Renata Elise Viana said...

Thank you SO much for that information! I was charged too and couldn't figure out what it was!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post. Found this charge on my acct today as well. followed your instructions and hopefully will be refunded soon. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

I also wanna thank for tip. I have the same problem. I am just little pessimistic about money refund. We will see.

Best regards, Jan

Anonymous said...

thanx for the person who posted this it was really a great help .

mim said...

Thanks, My husband just came downstairs and showed me his Amazon bill. I put the phone number in search engine to see who it belonged to and got, among other things, your post link. So helpful. Thanks very much. Happy holidays.

Karen F. Gubler said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Bradicus Oneilius said...

Thank you so much for posting this. i was like freaking out when i saw that and becuz of this i had negative draft charge on my statement! so i JUST did what you said, hopefullt ill get the money back and call my bank to talk with them.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! It was extra confusing because it was my boyfriend's account, not mine, that got "upgraded" automatically. I'd used my card on his account in the past so it grabbed my card and charged me, not him! This is really shady, especially for Amazon who I thought normally had pretty good customer service. Is doing honest business just not paying off enough for them anymore?

Prime is such a ripoff anyway, especially now that I've moved to the west coast. In the Midwest they just used Fedex and UPS which was fine but out here they use some horrible skeevy service called Ontrac. I've heard so many horror stories!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting~ i can finally get my money back <3