Thursday, October 30, 2008

Horizons

None of us is perfect. We all have flaws and some are more amusing than others.

I often face this predicament: In the middle of a serious meeting where a client is articulating his thoughts around the dwindling market share, I tend to go back-packing onto the terrain of a mountain in an amazon forest. This is a pure and simple case of day dreaming and is one of my consistent flaws.

Well, as Plato might have agreed, boredom is one of the key causes of day dreaming. So, I write to keep myself amused and interested.

How often do you have this urge to explore new hinterlands? If the answer is "a lot of times", did you ever ponder why you have that urge? My sense is that what we really crave for is not new post-card locations but newer and broader horizons. The ability to understand the beyond.

Marcel Proust famously said,

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eye"

No comments: