Thursday, December 27, 2007

Benazir

Bhutto.




A few things are inexplicable. My seemingly high affection for bhutto has no real basis. I don't belong to Pakistan. I have no direct or indirect connection in any way. The attachment is probably because whenever i think of her, i remember her otherwise very powerful dad being hanged to death in public. It always remained a puzzle to me as to how can a powerful prime minister of a country be dealt with such cruelty in public? What kind of barbaric society did he belong to?

Benazir has been publicly warned since many months about possible attacks. Almost everybody who followed Pakistan knew that she was walking through a very risky path. Then, why wasn't anything done to protect her? Isn't it obvious then that the powers are on the side of the assassinators?

I always have been an admirer of people of Pakistan. Against the popular opinion, i actually like the spirit of their cricket team. But, somehow, some irreparable damage has been done now. For once, i lost hope. It might probably be the first of such an instance in my life.

No comments: